Tuesday, August 5, 2008

They grow up too fast!!


I just wanted to share today that babies grow up too fast!! Today, I registered my youngest of three for Kindergarten. I can not believe that he is already going to school. I always thought I would be extatic to send him off to school but, now that the time is here I am really kind of sad! He will be attending our neighborhood elementary school, Miller Heights! We all went today as a family to register him and he was beside himself. He wouldn't quit talking about it. He wanted to meet the Principal and see his class and wanted to know who his teacher was. It was so funny to see how excited he was. I think Bryan and I have enough anxiety for all of us. Brackston doesn't seem to have any fears! He is ready and counting down!! Earlier this week Bryan and I walked him down to the school to just see the outside and play around on the playground a little. He hasn't quit talking about going to big boy school since!!! We will go August the 21st for meet the teacher night and then my baby will start school officially August the 25th. I took a picture of Brack in front of the school today and I thought I would share so you guys could see how big my baby is getting!! We are really excited for this new phase in our lives but, I imagine that it will not pass without a few tears from his Mommy (sniff, sniff)!

3 comments:

Heather B. said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
I cannot believe that he is old enough for this!! Seriously, where has the time gone?????
I love his picture! I am so glad that he is excited. I think Aunt Na-Na just might be shedding some tears right along with you!!!

Eigna said...

He looks so big in that picture! On that first day, just remember this verse. Someone very, very special sent it to me. :)

Be anxious for nothing, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding. Phillipians 4:6,7

Russ said...

Hey J! Found you through Heather's blog. Great to see you guys are doing well!

btw...our blog is at http:thevoiceofadventure.blogspot.com in case you want to get the scoop on our lives