Tuesday, December 9, 2008

California Sunshine




On Thursday December 4th, I received just the best Christmas present ever! My only brother and only nephew came to visit! Oh how I love these two guys!



For those of you that don't know, my brother and his family live in northern California so we don't see them as often as I would like but, it sure does warm my heart to see them. Unfortunately, this time around I didn't get to see my sweet sister-in-law. That was kind of sad for me because I love her dearly and I have only gotten to spend time with her four times since she and my brother got together like 9 1/2 yrs. ago. I am hoping that she will make the next visit! We did a whole lot of nothing while they were here which was FABULOUS!! Last time they were here there were tons of things on the agenda and we were running crazy with no spare time to just sit and laugh so we made a point this time to just relax! Austin has grown so much since I saw him last and is talking up a storm.



He says some of the cutest things. I just love when children start to talk and have their own little vocabulary! One of the funniest things he did while he was here was call Brackston by the wrong name. From the second he laid eyes on him, he called him "Nate" which was hysterical. The first time he said it, David (my brother) told Austin that isn't Nate this is Brackston, he is your cousin!



David told us that Nate is one of Austin's little friends that he plays with a lot at home that is about the same size as Brack. We would tell him "Austin, say Brackston" and he would say it and then turn around and call him Nate. This went on the whole time he was here, like when he would talk to Brackston he would say "football Nate" and "hi Nate". It was so stinkin funny. At first Brackston was like "hey, my name is not Nate it's Brackston" but as time progressed he just decided he didn't care what Austin called him. The funniest part of the story was that the last day they were here Brackston came home from school and Austin saw him, his face lit up and Brackston said "Austin, Nate is home" and Austin went running towards him and said "hi Nate" with a huge smile. It was adorable. He was very excited to see Nate!



Anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed our time and had some great family time. Hopefully time flies until we see them again!

2 comments:

Heather B. said...

Austin is so adorable! So sad I didn't get to see them! Maybe next time!!!

Eigna said...

Love your new look! Glad you had a great time with your family. I know it doesn't happen as often as you would like. I must say, you nephew is a cutie! He looks like David, but you can see Maggie in him, too! :)