Monday, December 15, 2008

To color or not to color that is the question

Ok, I am about to admit something that you are all probably going to laugh at. I have been pondering on my hair for quite some time now. I have been coloring my hair for awhile, like probably 6 years or more. Well, I decided about 6 months ago that I was going to try to just let it grow out. I decided this so maybe we could save money and for several other reasons. I guess I should mention that I always color my own hair and do not have it professionally done because, well......I can't afford it.

Anyway, upon deciding to let my color grow out, I started noticing significant grey hairs arising. Well, my hubby has been acquiring some grey of his own and it looks very sexy on him. He has hints of grey in his hair but, you notice it most in his goatee. I love it so, I decided to embrace my grey and just stick with my decision to grow it out. Now I am second guessing my decision. I have seen several ladies that have let their hair grow and let their greys shine and they look quite a bit older than they did. One lady in particular made me decide I might need to rethink this whole thing. I really don't need to look or feel any older than I already am. I am not scared of getting older, nor do I mind the idea however, there is no reason to rush the inevitable.

Why is it that men turning grey makes them looked distinguished but, women turning grey just make them look old? I am still trying to decide what to do. I did go buy a box of color today and I am seriously thinking about just taking the plunge and coloring it again. Why are decisions in life so hard? Seriously, it is really sad for me to admit that I am contemplating this for so long. I need to just bite the bullet and go. I will keep you guys updated and let you know. Hopefully I make the right decision.

1 comment:

Heather B. said...

From best friend to best friend......COLOR IT!!! :)