Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hunting Washburn Style


So, today was Washburn family day at the farm. Bryan wanted to go hunting and he has been kind enough this season to ask me to go a couple of times with him. I have to admit, I really enjoy going! I think the reason that I enjoy going is because, there is very little noise and it is incredibly peaceful out there and because I am in trapped in a little box with my husband and he can not get out until the hunt is over hee, hee, hee!! I guess it is kind of selfish reasoning now that I think about it. It's not very often that we get time together to just sit there with nothing else to do but stare out a window and enjoy the wonderful nature that God had provided. Well, today we decided to bring Brackston to the stand with us for a couple of hours. That was a crazy decision!!! Bryan is really trying hard to train him to be his hunting buddy but, it is a little difficult for a 5 year old who is a little hyper to be quiet and still!

This baby is very intently looking for deer, shhh......

After spending time (45 minutes to be exact) in the stand with Mommy and Daddy, PaPa Wayne came and rescued Brackston and together they went searching for the BIG buck. Brackston loves his PaPa Wayne!!! Once Brackston was out of the stand, Bryan and I were serious now!!! My hubby was determined that today was the day.....of course I was determined to get some good pictures hee, hee, hee! Love you babe'!

Well, unfortunately we did not even get to take a shot at a deer but, there is always the next hunt! I really do enjoy going to the stand with Bryan and spending some quality time together! He sits there and intently looks through his binoculars looking for the perfect buck and I just sit there intently looking at the perfect gift given to me from God, my hubby! I love my man!!!

Well, we went back to the house and took one last picture before heading home. Brackston loves hanging out at the farm with his Grandma! We love you Mom, thanks for letting us hunt.


After our trip home, Brackston decided his day was over and that he had worked really hard at training to be the cutest hunting buddy ever! I don't believe I have ever seen a cuter picture representing a hard day's work at the farm!

No comments: