Friday, July 18, 2008

Grocery Store Greatness and a well behaved child to boot !!!!

Today was my first trip back to the grocery store on our new budget and boy was I scared. I was sitting here planning 3 meals a day for 5 people and was very nervous about whether it was even possible to feed that many people that much on our food budget. For the first time in well ever, I shopped extremely frugal and bought almost all generic brand products with the exception of a few things that were specifically named in some of my new recipes. I wrote every single thing down that I needed to buy before I left home. Then when I put that item in my basket I wrote down the price beside it. I stood there in Walmart (like a MAJOR dork) and calculated what I had spent. I initially got the wrong amount and almost started to freak-out but I decided I would try again and luckily the second time I got a MUCH better total. I even thought that it was too good to be true so (third times a charm) I tried it again and much to my amazement I came up with the same amount that I did the second time around. I was still leery so I didn't really believe it until I got to the register and the checker said.......that will be $88.22 please! What?!!!!!!! I can't believe this, seriously I just bought groceries to feed 5 people 3X's a day and it only cost us $88!!! I am super excited!!! May be this whole cooking at home thing really will work because there is no way that our family would be able to eat out even twice for that dollar amount. Hooray for planning, the dork accomplished a huge feat!!!!!! :-) As if this wasn't enough to make me smile all day (maybe even tomorrow), I left there to go pick up the little man. This week has been fantastic for him!! Mon, Tue and Wed he had fabulous days! Thursday we had a little attitude with our teacher so we weren't so fortunate that day. Hoping to end the week well I walked in this afternoon and he was on track (this is a good thing!)!!! Yea!! I can't believe it, do you know how long it has been since he has almost gone an entire week without getting in trouble......................NEVER!!!! I am so glad that God touched my heart and said you my child need a change in your life and here is what you and I together are going to accomplish! How incredibly blessed I feel today to have a God full of grace and family and friends encouraging me.

2 comments:

Heather B. said...

Man that is awesome!!! $88.22 is da bomb!!!!

Hooray for Bracky being good at school!! That is awesome!!

McMommy said...

Just wanted to say WELCOME TO BLOGGERITAVILLE!!!

Any friend of Heather's is a friend of mine! :)