Thursday, July 17, 2008

Welcome To The Family

Hi y'all!! I am really excited to be a part of the blogging world! I have many friends that I am excited to join that will hopefully pull me through this new experience. We are in the midst of making alot of changes in our household. I am trying with the encouragement of friends and just for the sake of sanity trying to be a better Mom, Wife and Child of God. Just to catch you up on our life we are previously a family that runs, runs, and then runs some more. I rarely get my responsibilities at home taken care of first and ashamidly admit that I very rarely cook at home. I guess with that discription it isn't hard to guess that I am not in the best shape of my life and also not the healthiest I have ever been. After spending a few days with a beloved friend who I admire, I was inspired to be a better Me. I realized how incredibly blessed I truly am but that I was not doing God's work in my home. After soaking up just what I need in my life I came back home ready to conquer my home as I knew it. Boy are my kids in for a shock!!! My three kids were with my Mom for her week in the summer while this was all going on by the way. I had about a day and a half to get my plan together before my kids came home and luckily my hubby came home ready to help me make the changes. He was really pumped that I was so gung-ho about making this place less chaotic! One of the first changes I wanted to make was to start cooking at home mostly rather than going out (both to for health reasons and to save money)! We are also changing our discipline tactics (especially with our youngest). I am also trying to do what I feel like I should have been doing all along which is take care of my family to the best of my ability. My God is BIG and can help me do anything!!! I have been praying like nobody's business and it is working. I have woken up every morning (since my apiphany if you will) with the motivation and yearning to do my best that day for the blessings God gave me! Things are going very well and our little monster is even behaving better. PRAISE GOD!!! I truly believe that is due to consistency in discipline, a better diet and obviously the power of prayer.
Talk to you soon

3 comments:

Heather B. said...

Yay!!! I am making your first comment ever in the blogging world. I do have to say that I am sorry for not getting back to you and helping you with this. However, it looks great. I even posted about you and your blog on my blog!!!

Can't wait for more posts!!!

Love ya girl!

Melodious Melendez Blog said...

Wow, Jeniece! Your blog looks great!! You will be blessed more and more as you continue on your journey. I'm proud to call you "friend" and will be praying for you and your beautiful family.

Love ya!!
Melissa

Eigna said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Can't wait to read about your adventures. :) Miss you!