Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Missing You



Today I remember one of the most important men in my life, my Dad! My Dad passed away over 8 years ago. Today we would have celebrated his 53rd birthday. On days like today I wonder how my life would be different if he were still here with us. I know that I would laugh much more because of his incredible humor and wonderfully infectious laugh. I remember just sitting there and watching him laugh and laughing right along with him because his laughter was so amazingly funny. The last movie that we got to see together was American Pie and this is the last memory I have of times like that. He always knew how to lighten the mood and was definitely the life of the party. I also know that Daddy would be proud of Me and my babies. He was an incredible PaPa and now he would just love my third bundle of energy (who often reminds me of his PaPa). I loved him with every ounce of me and admired his hard work and dedication to our family. I have lots of wonderful memories of my Dad but one of the fondest is my dance with him at my wedding. As we danced around the floor he told me how much he loved me, how proud he was of me and how he and Momma would always be here for me. I remember that moment like it was yesterday. We danced to a wonderful song that always makes me think of Daddy when I hear it so, I added it to my blog today for you to enjoy in honor of my Dad. I love you and miss you Dad.



2 comments:

Heather B. said...

I miss him too!! And the laugh, I can still hear it in my head as though he is sitting right next to me. Just that memory makes me laugh!! I know that he would be very proud of you and who you have become. Happy Birthday Charles!!!

Eigna said...

I think all of us that were around back in high school thought of him as a 2nd daddy. :) We were all blessed to know him! Thanks for sharing him with me!
Love you!