Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Fresh Start


This was an incredibly tough weekend and we are hoping for a fresh start for the new week! There are lots of things going on this week and I am praying that Mr. Sickness has left our home! My suspicions were correct! We had a super tough weekend! Thursday night was horrible! Friday was even worse than that! I was a mess and poor little Brackston just couldn't hardly even move! He slept on the bathroom floor for 20 hours straight! Poor baby! We finally got him to move to the couch and his vomiting had slowed down some but his fever was still pretty high. Bryan and I had been talking back and forth to his Mom all day. We considered taking him to Urgent Care at Scott and White during the day but, as the day went on we thought we had come through the worst of it. At about 10:20 P.M. or so I looked over at him and thought he was having a seizure! He was shaking uncontrollably and I ran over and couldn't get him to respond to my voice or even look at me! It scared me to death! Bryan got on the phone with his Mom again and I said "hang-up, that's it...we are taking him to the E.R.!" I was a wreck! We all looked crazy sick but, we were going! We got there and they tested him for rapid strep and an upper respiratory infection! They did a chest X-ray and found nothing! They came in and told us that it was just a bad viral infection and that the shaking was caused by his fever trying to fight off the infection! The doctor told us he should start getting better fairly quickly and then told us to go home and get some rest because we all looked pretty bad! Thanks Doc, LOL! Anyway, Saturday was pretty rough but seemed to be a better day for Brackston! I felt like we were in the clear! Today, he woke up with a fever again! What in the world is going on here? Can a Momma get a break?!! Poor Baby!! It is almost 12:30 AM now on Monday morning and he is still coughing up a storm in there while he trying to sleep! I just hope and pray that he wakes up in the morning a happy camper! I really don't like this time of the year! Can we please just skip to spring and summer? Well, I am going to call it a night in order to prepare for whatever comes my way tomorrow! Praying that everyone stays healthy!

No comments: