Friday, January 9, 2009

My Mother, My Friend



Happy Birthday to the best Mother a girl could ask for!! I love you Mom!! Look at that sweet picture. You gotta love that, "Sissy, please hurry and take this picture, you know I loathe having pictures taken of me", look! Seriously, I completely love this woman with every ounce of my soul! From birth she has given nothing but her whole-heart to everything that crosses her path and my brother and I are no exception. She has always been there from kissing boo-boos when I was little to still continuing to pick up the pieces today when my life seems to be falling apart (though most of the time she reminds me that it is a fear or worry that should not be because God is in control.) I am blessed to be the child of such a Godly woman and leader for our family. She is our prayer warrior and rock in our family. I praise God that I am her daughter and that she is my Mom!

Momma,
I love you more than you know and appreciate you more than words can express. You have made me who I am today through prayer and example. I yearn to be more like you and I cherish our friendship and your loyalty to love. I am inspired by your amazing spirit and love for the Lord and your family. Thank you for everything that you have sacrificed for me personally and for all the decisions that you made with my best interest at heart. I long to love my children the way that you have loved David and I. I feel blessed to call you mine!

P.S. I probably should have warned you to bring tissues with you to the computer! I love you!

No comments: