Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Weekend To Remember




I was blessed to be able to spend the weekend with my beautiful baby girl at our annual Mother/Daughter Retreat at the fabulous Camp Peniel. On Friday afternoon we headed towards the Marble Falls area with our sweet friends Toni and Morgan. The drive was filled with lots of joy and laughter. This is our second consecutive year that we have been able to enjoy this amazing experience. Last year TBC was one of the several churches to take part in the camp's event however, this year we were super excited to have the entire grounds to ourselves.


Our weekend was filled with an enormous amount of fun activities and amazing worship.

Together we enjoyed a fun trail ride, a plunging ride on a zip line, and a little archery lesson.

Probably my favorite activity that was scheduled for us was the rifle shooting experience. Neither Brittanie nor myself have ever fired a gun. We were instructed by the amazing Don. He diligently instructed us on exactly what it was that we needed to do to hit the bullseye. Brittanie did great her first attempt.
I on the other hand was lousy. Initially we were given 5 bullets each and somehow I managed to miss the target on every single shot. I could not handle the disappointment. I was taught as a child if at first you don't succeed try and try again so, try again I did! I received a few extra pointers and I was on my way to shooting off another 10 bullets. This attempt was intense and precise. The work paid off. I managed to hit the target with every single shot. Go Me!! I can't wait to shoot again!

Along with these scheduled activities we also enjoyed a frigid hay ride followed by some tasty s'mores by the fire, a mean game of Mother against Daughter volleyball, and our game of choice for the weekend Catchphrase.

This game was hilerious and I just loved sitting in a circle enjoying laughter with my baby and sister's in Christ.

Combined with all these fun activities was incredible worship and life lessons spoken to us by the amazing Linda Strom. She encouraged us to love our daughters where they are right now and for who they are because this time will be gone before we know it. This weekend my God of grace reminded me why I was chosen to be the Mother of one his most precious gifts. He gave me the opportunity to see my baby shared her love for her God along with her passion for music and led us in worship and dance.
What an amazing pride that I felt at that very moment. Every single moment spent with my gift from God this weekend I will truly cherish in my heart forever. She is a beautiful creation given to me for only a short time and I yearn to appreciate every single second with my angel. I love you baby girl!


These girls were inseperable...Brittanie, Morgan and Reagan


Here are some of the girls that enjoyed the weekend with Mom.


"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.: Isaiah 66:13







No comments: