Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year A New You

"New Year's resolutions are easier to keep when you rely on God"
After thinking about a New Year's resolution and seeing this sign, this year I decided to write all the things down about me that I would like to change and pray about them. Of course I have the same changes as a lot of people and that is to take better care of myself, lose weight, excercise etc.... That is definately one thing that I am going to strive for this year however, my main goal this year is to rely on God to help make the person that he created me to be. Previously I have been really good at saying God, please take control of this in my life and then I treat it like a fishing pole that I just casted and reel it back in and try to control it myself. Do you ever do that? Today while sitting in church there were a lot of things said that made me realize that I need to trust. Pastor Gary quoted J.Hudson Taylor saying "God gives the very best to those who leave the choice to him"! That was really powerful! He said that we don't need to test God...we need to trust God and then we will realize that He is trustworthy. You know every year I decide there are several things that I need to change but this year I am just vowing that I am going to be in The Word every day and letting God guide my life and my family. Then and only then will I be doing what is right and what is in His image. Don't question the care and goodness of God, just trust Him with the very life that He created for you and be a living sacrifice for Him. Pastor Gary shared this poem with us today and it really hit home so I thought I would share it with you. My prayer for you and your family this year is that you Let Go and Let God. Trust Him with everything from the smallest to the largest of things and He will give you strength to make it through.

Broken Dreams
Submitted by: TonyaB
Author: Unknown


As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend.
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my Friend.

But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.

At last I snatched the back and cried,
"How could You be so slow"-
"My child," He said,
"What could I do? You never did let go."

No comments: